Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Monday, February 07, 2005

I Go To Work And Unexpectedly Meet NBA Coaching Legend Phil Jackson

I really didn't want to go to work yesterday. I just came off of a three-day weekend work binge: I work about ten hours per day at the internet cafe1, and then walk around the block to my job at the pub.

When I get to work, it's not that busy, so I wipe stuff down, pour beers for a few people, and talk to my co-workers. At one point, my boss called me over to show me the horrific job he did at organizing the walk-in cooler.

"Looks pretty good, huh?" he asked.

"Amazing," I said.

Walking out, I saw the backs of a couple that could only be American. The woman was wearing tight jeans and had very blonde hair. The guy was very tall and was wearing jeans, flip-flops, and a button-down long sleeve with a small hunter-green-and-white checkered pattern.

I walked behind the bar and stood around in case my co-worker needed any help. Then I looked up and saw that the American guy in the shirt was none other than NBA coaching legend Phil Jackson.

I peed in my pants, in a style not dissimilar to dedicated marathon runners.

"Hello," he said. "I'm legenendary NBA coach Phil Jackson."

"H-h-h-h-hello, Phil," I said.

"Call me Mr. Jackson," he corrected.

"Yes sir!" I replied.

Then I danced a dance of glee, and he threw some spare change at my feet, laughing heartily on his way out.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" he said.


The End2.

1Admittedly, my duties at the internet cafe pretty much consist of me doing what I'm doing now: sitting around in the heat and screwing around on the computer.

2I actually did meet Phil Jackson though. A less-stupid account of that meeting can be found here.