Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I hate traffic tickets. I have received, since my time in New Zealand, the following:

  • An eighty dollar ticket for speeding eleven kilometers (approx. 6 miles) over the speed limit. Caught by a speed camera.
  • A forty dollar ticket for parking too long in a ten-minute zone. Caught by a police officer.
  • A $200 ticket for not renewing my registration (which in itself costs $270.00). Caught by the same police officer who gave me my parking ticket
  • A $150 ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. (I actually was wearing a seatbelt, but put it on a few seconds after I began operating the automobile.) Caught by an unmarked police car driven by a cop who remarked that I had "been here for quite a while." I have no idea what that means.
However, a couple of the problems I had been having with my car (overheating, strange liquids dripping from the engine area at an alarming rate, car being unsightly and having a large wooden box on top for camping equipment, car being a 1989 Toyota station wagon, car having a missing window from being broken into (on the second time of being broken into)) have been solved. I paid a guy thirty dollars to replace a hose that had been leaking terribly and causing the overheating problem. Now to pay all my traffic tickets. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home