Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Sunday, March 20, 2005

I noticed that for some reason my website was down today. I went to the site where I get my hosting to find out what the problem was. This is my conversation with their technical support stooge, "roger".

roger: Welcome to Registerfly.com Live Chat Support. How may I assist you ?

chrisq28: Hi, I just want to make sure I've gone through the right steps to renew my domain name.

chrisq28: I got an e-mail saying that "The validity period of the 'roadrunnerreview.com' domain owned by client 'chrisq28' (Contact name 'Chris Zane) has expired. The domain and all of its services were deactivated on Sun Mar 20 2005."


roger: Let me check. Just a moment please.

chrisq28: OK.

(Four minutes pass.)

roger: The email you got was for Hosting renewal

(A minute and a half passes.)

roger: As the correctdates were not updated fromserver and thats why you get the email

roger: But now correct dates have been updated

chrisq28: So I don't need to renew right now?


roger: No

roger: Is there anything else I can help you with?

chrisq28: I can't access my site.


chrisq28: It says that "This is the Plesk™ default page If you see this page it means: 1) hosting for this domain is not configured or 2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk."


roger: Your site wil be up within next 1 hours

chrisq28: And I assume I'll get an e-mail when it actually is time to renew now? Do you know when that will be?


chrisq28: OK great.


roger: Is there anything else I can help you with?

chrisq28: I assume I'll get an e-mail when it actually is time to renew now? Do you know when that will be?


roger: Good bye, and have a great day.

chrisq28: You never answered my question!

Chat InformationChat session has been terminated by the site operator.
"What the Fuck!" I said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home