Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

"[I]n my line of work you gotta keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kinda catapult the propaganda."

Making jokes about George Bush being a bad speaker is like making jokes about how women are bad drivers or that men leave the toilet seat up.

Yes, George Bush isn't very eloquent, yes men leave the seat up. And white people can't dance.

If I wasn't trying to avoid polemicism I'd say something like "I'm less worried about how he misspeaks than I am about protecting Social Security and bringing home our troops." I am worried about those things, but in truth I'm more annoyed at people beating a dead horse than I am about the fact that people have their priorities fucked up.

Which reminds me of that Seinfeld episode:

JERRY: I have a suspicion that he's converted to Judaism just for the jokes!

FATHER: And this offends you as a Jewish person.

JERRY: No, it offends me as a comedian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home