Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Friday, August 19, 2005

The Continuing Saga of Me and the Maintenance Guy

A few years ago, I went apartment hunting with Lan. I was only looking for a one-bedroom, but Lan is known to have good judgment and consider questions that others who are looking for a new place to live may not think of. In each location we visited, he went directly to the bathroom and flushed the toilet.

"What is he doing?" the apartment-finder lady asked me.

He emerged from the bathroom, shaking his head. "You're going to want to find an apartment with a much stronger flush than this one," he said. "Let's go."

Unfortunately I didn't have Lan around when I found the new place, so I didn't think to check for flush-strength. When I went to the toilet this morning, it was clear that I had picked a place with below-average flushing capabilities. I was going to have to do a double-flush after the reservoir refilled. I went into the other room to put on a CD while I waited. I was quickly distracted, and forgot to reflush.

Soon, the maintenance guy knocked on the door and said he was here to re-caulk the bathtub. He went through the apartment, and it wasn't until I heard him flush the toilet that I realized that I hadn't fulfilled my duty as a toilet-goer.

I laughed so hard I had to cover my face with a pillow so he wouldn't hear me as he caulked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home