Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

From the New York Times:
At the heart of the debate over intelligent design is this question: Can a scientific explanation of the history of life include the actions of an unseen higher being?

The proponents of intelligent design, a school of thought that some have argued should be taught alongside evolution in the nation's schools, say that the complexity and diversity of life go beyond what evolution can explain.
Reading this article made me remember times, as a teenager, in which I found myself actually arguing the basics of this issue with co-workers and classmates.

I mean, I didn't evolve from no monkey.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Science class, 9th grade, a friend said: "I ain't involved from no damn go-rilla."

And I couldn't really say anything about that. Because we're not involved from go-rillas.

I think it was the chimpanzee line.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

By the way, if any of your reader(s) would like to know more about why Intelligent Design is basically flimflamhoopoop, you should read Finding Darwin's God by Kenneth Miller.

Also, an interesting interview with a Catholic priest, on the Church's stance on evolution and why, again, Intelligent Design is flimflamhookycrap: Part 1 and
Part 2

12:47 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I sometimes call my brother a monkee but I am only kidding with him.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Here on some of my thoughts on intelligent design:

http://goodmorninghouston.blogspot.com/2005/08/not-all-people-are-intelligently.html

5:00 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

nike air huarache
hollister
gucci outlet
carolina panthers jersey
michael kors uk
oklahoma city thunder
cheap jordan shoes
ray ban sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet
2017.4.27

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home