Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I was planning on getting gas today, so when I saw a gas station that was selling it for $1.99 a gallon, I quickly turned into the lot. It was packed full of course, but I figured that I didn't mind waiting--especially because the cheapest I'd seen it anywhere else was around $2.07 (it's the principle, you understand).

I found that I had lined up on the side opposite the tank of my car, so I turned around and backed into position, preparing to reverse into the spot when my turn came. There wasn't anyone coming from the other side, so I figured it was OK. An old woman in front of me driving a Honda CRV was in the same situation, but she had apparently decided to just go for it and pull the hose around to the other side.

'There's no way that's going to reach over there,' I thought to myself. I was even sure of my prediction when I saw that she had parked like five feet away from the pump itself. 'What the hell is wrong with her?' I wondered.

The woman pulled the hose out, trying to stretch it to the tank. As I had predicted, it wasn't even close to reaching it. Frustrated, she looked at me, apparently in hope for advice. I raised my hands in the "What do you want from me? I'm just some guy" position, but she approached the open window of my car.

"My tank is on the other side," she explained.

"I noticed that," I said, laughing. "I can move up if you want to reverse into it."

"I mean, the hose won't even reach my car."

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"Do you think they'll be open later?"

"What?"

"I mean, this is ridiculous--I'm just going to come back later." She seemed really frustrated, but I couldn't understand why. I mean, she was the one who pulled into the spot. Was she mad at Honda for not putting the tank on the other side? The other customers for crowding the lot? Pedro's Gas Station #3 for not having longer hoses?

"Why don't you just turn around?"

"I can't believe this." She walked back to her car, got inside, and drove off. I reversed into the spot and filled up for less than 25 bucks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its people like that that make me so bloody happy that i no longer work in the customer service industry.

although, hey, they are REALLY HILARIOUS. people. Sheesh.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps. that was andrea ( i always forget that part)

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home