Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Several years ago, Lan and I were having a conversation about DR and his wife HR, coworkers of ours.

"If I had a million dollars and I didn't know what to do with it, I'd give it to DR and HR for safekeeping. They're incredibly moral and trustworthy people."

I ran into DR and HR at the Walgreen's across the street from my apartment this afternoon; they looked a little worn out.

"We just had the baby last week," DR said to me.

"Wow, congratulations!" I said.

The couple then went on to tell me that they just found out the day before that their new baby girl was found with some sort of very rare and possibly fatal virus, that may have been contracted from another child in the ward.

"We've had an exhausting last couple of days--we're just here to get some Advil."

They wandered off into the store and I stood there at the counter waiting to pay and feeling like the worst things always happen to the best people.

Good luck, guys.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andiar said...

I think I would disagree, bad things happen all the time to all kinds of people. It just seems like the worst, or more tragic when it happens to good people. This doesn't mean that they don't have my empathy, I'm just saying that during life a lot of bad things happen.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Christopher Zane said...

What are you talking about? What about all those murderers that are always winning the lottery and all those blood donors who are always getting struck by lightning? What about them?

3:44 PM  
Blogger Lan D. Ho! said...

Blood donors aren't good people at all. Think about history's most famous blood donor--Bill Laimbeer. He was renowned both for his blood donation and his genocide against the Jews from 1939 to 1945. And there was no lightning that time. It took good old-fashioned American know-how and strength to take of that bad boy.

With liberty and justice for all!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home