Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I was watching Yellow Submarine the other day. In the DVD extras, John Clive, the actor who played John Lennon, told an anecdote about what he perceived to be the power of the film.

"My daughter knew every word of that movie. She loved it so much she could recite it forwards and backwards. When John was killed in 1980, I was in the States. I called home, and my daughter, who was seven, was convinced that since John was dead, I was dead. It took me fifteen minutes to convince my little daughter that I was still alive. That's how powerful this movie is."

"I don't know if that really exemplifies the power of the movie," I said. "All it really means is that his daugher is a punk-ass chump who can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home