Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Friday, January 20, 2006

Inspired by Lan and MO's desert-island top-ten lists, here is mine for pop music*:
After the Gold Rush, Neil Young
Another Green World, Brian Eno
Astral Weeks, Van Morrison
The Beatles (White Album), The Beatles
Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain, Pavement
Exile on Mainstreet, The Rolling Stones
Live 1966, Bob Dylan
London Calling, The Clash
Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys

Honorable mention: Death of a Ladies' Man, Leonard Cohen

*This list is subject to change at any time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

What, no My Bloody Valentine?!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lan D. Ho! said...

I forgot about Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain and Pink Moon. Maybe at some point I'll come up with a real top-ten list.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Christopher Zane said...

If I was going to put Loveless on the list, I'd have to put on OK Computer, which I like better overall (although I think Loveless is more important).

And Pink Moon . . . damn, I nearly forgot that one.

Maybe a top-ten list should be created over the course of more than one day.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Lan D. Ho! said...

I added a note to our lists (which were not even top ten, technically) that stated the lists were not very thought out!

Maybe I should be applying to law firms!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

THANK GOD for the hypotheticalness of the hypothecial desert island.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

But there's nothing hypothetical about those lists. They've been seared into the permanent memory of the blogger storage banks.

They'll last for generations. And then, thousands of years later, your ancestors will recover the information, read the list and go 'What? No Purple Rain??'

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home