Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I was driving down 24th St. in West Campus yesterday. Just as I was about to cross an intersection, a Suburban came from the opposite direction and made an illegal left turn, plowing into the little BMW driving just a few dozen feet in front of me. The momentum from the SUV powered the convertible across two lanes of traffic, and over a curb into a parking lot. The BMW was smashed up in a bad way; the Suburban didn't look too bad.

I quickly pulled over in case anyone was hurt. Both drivers exited their vehicles shaken, but seemingly unharmed. The guy from the BMW was noticeably annoyed; the girl who hit him was crying and apologizing frantically. I asked if they were OK, and they both said they were.

When the girl went back to her car to call someone, I asked the guy if he wanted me to be a witness. I gave him my information.

"I never had a chance," he said. "I was only going like 30 miles an hour."

"There was nothing you could do," I agreed.

"Goddamn SUV's." He turned to the girl. "You know you're completely at fault here, right?"

She cried some more. I wanted to high-five him, but instead I told him to call me if I could help, got into my car, and drove off.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that girl is done for. I hope her parents can afford it.

-Madge

3:50 PM  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

What was the reason behind the accident? Was the girl drunk?

My feelings: SUV bad.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Lan D. Ho! said...

Go to hell, girl in SUV!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home