Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Sunday, February 26, 2006

On some nights, waiting tables is like pulling teeth.

A couple sat down, and after reviewing the menu, were ready to order.

"I'll have the chicken," the man said.

"I'm not eating," the woman said. "But can I have a dessert menu? I'll order something when he's finished."

"Sure thing!"

I brought out the menu, followed by the man's food; he ate it; I asked the woman if she had made a decision on her dessert.

"No, I'm sorry. I just need another minute."

I came back about five minutes later.

"Ooh--not quite ready yet; sorry."

I came back again. And again. And again. I made suggestions, jokes, and hints. Finally, more than two hours after they sat down, I asked her if she was ready, and she said that she'd order the next time I came back. I waited five more minutes.

"What'd you find?"

"I, uh, ha ha," she began nervously. "I actually decided that I'm not going to have anything."

I laughed out loud.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, sorry about that."

I laughed some more. "No, no! That's fine!" I actually gave the male half of the couple a high-five. Unable to control myself, I continued:

"Now you have to promise me something. You don't have to eat anything here, but you should at least eat something today."

"Actually I ate three times."

"I wouldn't know that, would I?" I grinned.

I dropped off the check, and it sat there for 45 minutes. I transferred it to another server and went home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cibbuano said...

Maybe she didn't like your desserts?

Or maybe she didn't like the cut of your jib!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Christopher Zane said...

I'd cut her jib. I'd cut it good! I cut it so good, she wish I no cut her!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Blight said...

Maybe they were shy about being cheap and only ordering one "meal" without dessert.

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home