Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

There was recently some confusion over a letter that was e-mailed around the office I work at. The correspondence is below. Only the names have been changed.
Thought I'd forward this on to everyone.

-Jane
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share a tidbit I just learned about from the APD [Austin Police Department] officers I work with. Friday & Saturday "The Bloods" (the gang) is having an statewide initiation. So, if you see someone driving without headlights DO NOT flash your lights at them, this is how they do their drive-by shootings.

Be Safe,

Alison
A co-worker quickly replied:
Read this Snopes article about the phenomenon here:

-Sandy
Obviously feeling slighted, Jane wrote back:
I am already aware of snopes. This is an email from a friend of mine (yes I know the person) who actually works with the APD. Take it as serious as you want. Better safe than sorry, I always say.
Another co-worker got involved and put the beast to rest:
Hey guys. I have a personal crusade against urban legends. I emailed the APD and got this reply:
We have no reports of this type of incident in the City of Austin.

Thank you,

Jenny Jones
Austin Police Department
Public Information Office
Relieved, I suddenly wondered if it would be prudent to ask my co-workers about the wealthy Nigerian businessman who needs help transferring $37 million dollars to a business in America. He says all he needs is a trustworthy associate (could it be me?) to hold on to the money until he gets here. In return I get 10%! Could this be too good to be true?

Also, I hear they're going to tax e-mails, and Bill Gates is giving his fortune away to people who forward e-mails for him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Your cynicism is as disgusting as it is expected. Your total callousness to the plight of the generous Nigerian businessmen is typical of the type of gang-banging head-light-flashing troglodyte that you have allowed yourself to become. I hope your hand grows to be bigger than your face (test it!) so that you can be certain that you will get cancer.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

I can't think of a reason NOT to send money to Nigeria.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home