Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Two Theories About Music That I Developed Independently, but Then Later Found Out Were Common Knowledge

1. America doesn't produce as many great bands as it does great musicians. Theory: This is because America has this rogue independent spirit that doesn't translate well for long-lasting bands.

2. The kinds of drugs musicians do have a direct affect on the kind of music they play. For example, cocaine is a popular drug on the East Coast, so a lot of fast-paced, energetic hip-hop from there. The South is well-known for its use of lean, or oil, or syrup, and as a result, the hip-hop down here is easily recognized by its slow drawl.

It's too bad I was born 20 years too late for my theories to mean anything.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

Why does this post remind me of that line that Lester Bangs says in Almost Famous about missing rock 'n' roll?

9:34 AM  
Blogger Christopher Zane said...

"Well, your writing is damn good. It's just a shame you missed out on rock and roll."

"I did?"

"Oh yeah. It's over."

"Over?"

"Over. You got here just in time for the death rattle, the last gasp, the last grope."

"Well. At least I'm here for that."

7:12 PM  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

Mmm-mmmm, I could sure go for a tall, cool glass of lean right now. Ice-cold, refreshing. Just for the taste of it.

That's the first time I've heard about that, but it reminds me of that Simpsons where the baseball players drink brain tonic and get gigantism.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Snicker... You didn't know about lean? Haha, but everyone that I know knows about it. It's famous!

Mmmm.... purple stuff...

7:08 PM  
Blogger D to tha L I C T said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:56 PM  
Blogger D to tha L I C T said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home