Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Friday, September 22, 2006

Wallace Stevens said
I do not know which to prefer, the beauty of inflection or the beauty of innuendo, the blackbird whistling or just after.
I've discussed this question before, but in less poetic terms.

"Would you rather see naked boobs or cleavage?" was one question I had in an unofficial survey. Most people said they prefer naked boobs, but I'm about as unsure as Stevens seems to be.

I mentioned the idea to Lan several years ago in the context of always looking back on relationships.

"It's like I always seem to remember the good times, and I miss her and appreciate her more than I did when we were together. I guess people just appreciate things more when they're gone."

"That's not the way it goes," he said. "I appreciated every single minute of the freaky sex I was having with RY in the fullest and most absolute way."

"But you probably wish you were having some of that freaky sex now," I said.

"Nope. I appreciated it enough at the time not to care about it anymore."

I think he was just trying to get my goat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

I miss: Grocery shopping with the pink haired Korean.

1. The grocery store has a near-unlimited supply of people, situations and items about which I can be witty. She laughs at the witty things I say, loud and big.

2. She's shopping for stuff to cook for me, that's-a so nice.

3. I can watch her walk around, picking up things, thinking about things, imagining what things would be a good match, "Hmm," she says. "Do you think this would be a good thing to make sometime?"

4. I pay for the groceries, she says no, she will pay, I pay anyway, she says, "You're so good to me, I feel lucky."

5. I felt at home. Then a bunch of crazy shit will happen that I prefer not to remember. Then we eat popsicles.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Korean proverb: "Know its worth once it's gone."

4:22 PM  
Blogger Andiar said...

It seems in my life I only remember the good things of the past and only worry about the bad things of the future. Perhaps this is because the bad things currently happening have a bigger impact on us than the bad things that did happen to us.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

I'd rather see cleavage, but then the naked boobies 24 hours later. That'd be a life worth living ten times over.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Lan D. Ho! said...

I thought I was a virgin!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home