Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

CNN reports that Chris Rock's mom is suing Cracker Barrel for being racist.

"Rose Rock, the mother of comedian Chris Rock, claims she was racially discriminated against when she was seated but ignored for a half hour at a Cracker Barrel restaurant along the South Carolina coast."

The manager offered her a free meal, but she said that by that point, she didn't want it anymore. She found that she was only hungry for justice.

The lawsuit is all well and good for her, but what am I to do when I get bad service? My friends and I waited for like two hours for our food at the Oasis a couple of weeks ago, and it seems like the only excuse, since we're all white, is that the restaurant just sucks. Could be something you examine in this case also, Rose Rock's lawyers.

P.S. If anyone is interested, I will three-bet Cracker Barrel this weekend. Just talking about it makes me hungry for fried apples and chicken-fried steak.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andiar said...

DONE! No questions asked. You know my number, and if you don't I will post it here on this very blog.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

I don't get chicken-fried steak. What is it, a steak fried in chicken fat?

11:42 PM  
Blogger Christopher Zane said...

Andy--I'll holler at you.

Cib--I can't believe you've never had chicken-fried steak. It's a Southern delicacy that should be consumed worldwide. It's a steak beaten really thin with a mallet, and then breaded and deep-fried. That is, steak fried like fried chicken. With cream gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans with bacon, you can't lose. Mmmm.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Kelli said...

Umm...yes chicken fried steak but it is a little too early in the morning to be thinking about this...

As for the lawsuit-I think it is an easy out for people, too many claim "racial" discrimination for these little things, personally I've always had to wait FOREVER for service at cracker barrel (oh wait, it was in mississippi and I am white) maybe this womans on to something......

10:10 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Cib, you've never heard that old southern jazz song, "Pound My Steak Flat (With a Mallet)"? Sam & Dave did a version of it.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home