Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Last weekend I was eating dinner with TM at an Australian-themed steakhouse. There was a table of about eight people directly in my line of vision, who were chatting and having a good time, all decked out in burnt orange, obviously pleased that the Longhorns had just beat our biggest rivals, Oklahoma.

When one heavyset character in a UT shirt adjusted his position in his chair, his shirt rode up, and I noticed something: He was wearing a thong. A red silky thong. I'm not sure what they call it when the skin under the waistband but above the jeans is exposed, but that's what he had going on. I was surprised, and pointed it out to TM, who burst out laughing. So many questions came up:

- Why the thong? Why red and silky?
- Was that his thong, or his girlfriend's? (A woman who appeared to be his girlfriend was sitting next to him.)
- If it's his, does she know he's wearing it?
- Is she wearing his underwear?
- Is his underwear preference public knowledge, or is it something he does secretly?
- Is everyone else at the table wearing a thong?
- Are they in a club of some kind?

The secret lives of burly sports fans knows no boundaries.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andiar said...

I hate to nit pick but isn't AtM still the biggest rival of UT? I mean, in recent memory the OU game has mattered more in terms of who wins the Big 12, but isn't the history of hate between UT and AtM mean more? Maybe it's just me.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

You have no idea though... if he was chubby, maybe he was wearing normal underwear, but his ass made it SEEM like a thong...

7:23 PM  
Blogger Christopher Zane said...

I think historically A&M has been our biggest rival, but their football program--and their entire school--has turned into such a joke that I don't really consider them rival-worthy. I think pretty much every question about who's better has been answered, and there's really not much to argue about.

However, I think if I make enough insulting comments about them, and they insult my school enough in return, we can stir up what was once a very healthy rivalry.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

Maybe he lost a bet.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

"an Australian-themed steakhouse"

Wallaby Hut? Walkabout Grill? Digeridelcious? Ye Olde Aborigine Orphanage? Which? You need to be clear.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home