Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Three stories

It was a hot summer day. Sandy was sitting on the front porch. She saw Mrs. Ramirez carrying her groceries home.

"Hello, Mrs. Ramirez," said Sandy. "I will help you carry your bags home."

"Thank you," said Mrs. Ramirez. "Death is a harsh mistress."

-----


Mark and Grace went shopping for a gift for their Uncle Steven's birthday.

"Here is a bookstore," said Grace. "Uncle Steven likes sports. I want to buy him a book about sports. What will you get Uncle Steven, Mark?"

"What will you get Uncle Steven, Mark?" Mark said.

"I do not like having a brother whose head is an African Grey Parrot," said Grace.

-----


Dad comes home from work. He says, "Look, I have a new watch."

Paul and James put down their books and go to Dad. "Show us," Paul says.

Dad shows the boys his new watch.

"What time is it?" James asks.

"It is 7:30," Paul says.

"Oh, good," James says. "It is time to eat dinner."

"It is not 7:30," Mom says. "It is 8:30."

"My watch says it is 7:30," Dad says.

"Did you forget daylight savings?" Mom asks.

"I guess I did," Dad says.

"Wait," says James, "we live in Arizona, and as a result we do not participate in daylight savings."

"You are right, James," says Dad. "It is dinner time."

"Hooray! Two dinners!" Paul and James say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cibbuano said...

I love two dinners! I had a steak last night, then I came home and made a second dinner...!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home