Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

From Steven Soderbergh's sex, lies, and videotape shooting diary:
28 June 88 Seattle

Jimmy (he prefers Jimmy) [James Spader] and I met for several hours in the afternoon to discuss script changes. The main area of concern for him seemed to be the motivation for both Graham's severe withdrawal from people and his return to Baton Rouge. We came up with a backstory involving a child that Graham had fathered with Elizabeth that turned out to be retarded and led to Graham's eventually abandoning Elizabeth due to an inability to deal with the child. He seemed satisfied, so I'm hoping everything will now proceed apace.

. . .

15-24 Jul 88

The general consensus amongst those I know and trust is that the Graham backstory involving the retarded child is easily the dumbest subplot ever concocted for a minor motion picture, and I must say I am in agreement. I will go back to the more straightforward yet vague approach that I was using unsuccessfully before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home