Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Friday, January 12, 2007

In the break room at work yesterday, I noticed that a coworker of mine, M, had gotten a dramatic haircut. She had previously had shoulder-length hair, and now had something of a boy cut. She had her back to me and was talking on the phone.

"Excuse me, sir," I said, approaching her jokingly. "Are you new here?"

The woman turned around. It was not my coworker, M. It was some woman I'd never seen before, and she thought I had mistaken her for a man.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I thought you were someone else."

"Obviously."

"I mean, some other girl. Sorry."

The woman gave me an annoyed look and returned to her phone call.

Lesson: If you don't want to be mistaken for a different person of your own gender but have the impression that you're being mistaken for a person of a different gender, then you should get a different damn haircut next time.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Madgie D said...

Ahahahah! Classic!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

I would have thought that the real lesson here is: don't assume anything about gender until you have genital confirmation.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home