Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Last night as I was brushing my teeth in ES’s bathroom, I noticed again that the sink wasn’t draining very well. I pulled at the stopper, unscrewed the top, and dug out some hair. It helped a little. I couldn't pull the whole stopper out, so I checked to see how difficult it would be to unclog the drain from the other side. It looked pretty easy.

"Why not go monkeying around with my girlfriend's sink plumbing?" I asked myself. "What could go wrong?" In the literary world, this is known as "foreshadowing."

The pipe connecting the sink to the wall is made of PVC, so I unscrewed it by hand. I cleaned out the pipe and reinstalled it.

When I turned on the water, water poured out at an alarming rate. Then I saw the culprit: there were no threads from the pipe to the sink. It only worked before because the previous plumber had rigged the sink so the pipe and the rubber ring were glued to the drain. The glue wasn’t holding, and water was filling up my drain bucket.

"Do you have a responsive landlord?" I asked ES, who was had been in bed for the last 20 minutes.

"What did you do?"

"I unclogged the drain," I said. "And that sink would’ve broken eventually anyway."

"This is like something from a sitcom," she said.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Andiar said...

It would truly be from a sitcom if she didn't want to sleep with you because of it. And so to make it up to her you had to go to crazy lengths to get it fixed in order to have sex. No that's comedy!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

In a perfect world:

"Hey honey, I fixed the clogged drain."

"You did? Really? [puts down Cosmo] Look at you! I didn't know you could do, you know, plumber stuff."

"Well, I did get my doctorate in plumbing stuff, afterall. Unlike communism, plumbing stuff theories work. [congradulates self on cleverness.]"

"Aw, come here, my super genius plumber man! Thank you, you're so sweet to me! Let me go make you some ice cream with strawberries."

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home