Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sign o' the Devil

This is my 667th post!

I have nothing to say, but I feel like I would be worshipping Satan in some way if I left the blog on 666 posts for more than a couple of hours.

However, a small anecdote is appropriate:

I was shopping at Whole Foods with Lan several months ago for some dinner. At the deli, we picked up some great looking beef tenderloin. When the butcher weighed the meat, it came up to 6.66 pounds. (In retrospect, that's a lot of meat. How many people were we feeding? I can't remember.)

"Oh," the butcher said, "would you like me to take a little off?"

"Why?" I asked.

"The number," she pointed.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"It's happened before, and some people consider it bad luck."

Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home