Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Friday, July 06, 2007

Surrender to Google

Every time I think I'm going to have to pay 50 cents to call information, I remember the Google text service. If you text "pizza (zip code)," with your zip code where I wrote "(zip code)," Google will text you back with the info to the pizza place in your area. The same works for business names. Typing "Borders Books (zip code)" will work similarly. Pretty awesome, right?

Now Google has a similar free voice service. The number is 1-800-GOOG-411 (1-800-466-4411), and according to the Google blog,
during your call to GOOG-411, just say "map it", and you'll get a text message with the details of your search plus a link to a map of your results right on your mobile phone.
In the meantime, I just realized that Google owns four of the five open windows I have. I'm pretty much ready to let them take over my life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home