Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Friday, August 10, 2007

Do all men feel this way? Just the men of my generation? Just men my age? Just the guys I hang out with? The narcissism, the shallowness, the elevation of juvenile pleasures as sacred. It wouldn't be half as funny if it weren't true.
JERRY: I had a very interesting lunch with George Costanza today.

KRAMER: Really?

JERRY: We were talking about our lives and we both kind of realized we're kids. We're not men.

KRAMER: So, then you asked yourselves, "Isn't there something more to life?"

JERRY: Yes. We did.

KRAMER: Yeah, well, let me clue you in on something. There isn't.

JERRY: There isn't?

KRAMER: Absolutely not. I mean, what are you thinking about, Jerry? Marriage? Family?

JERRY: Well . . .

KRAMER: They're prisons. Man-made prisons. You're doing time. You get up in the morning. She's there. You go to sleep at night. She's there. It's like you gotta ask permission to use the bathroom. Is it all right if I use the bathroom now?

JERRY: Really?

KRAMER: Yeah, and you can forget about watching TV while you're eating.

JERRY: I can?

KRAMER: Oh, yeah. You know why? Because it's dinner time. And you know what you do at dinner?

JERRY: What?

KRAMER: You talk about your day. How was your day today? Did you have a good day today or a bad day today? Well, what kind of day was it? Well, I don't know. How about you? How was your day?

JERRY: Boy.

KRAMER: It's sad, Jerry. It's a sad state of affairs.

JERRY: I'm glad we had this talk.

KRAMER: Oh, you have no idea.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sam sanford said...

I've only begun to really appreciate Seinfeld this year (my 30th). Now they're taking it off the air on Fox! Starting Sept. 10th it's being replaced by Family Guy - possibly the worst show ever - and TMZ, whatever that is. You know the situation is bad when you can't even watch Seinfeld reruns anymore.
I'm planning to start my own show, called Sanford - basically exactly like Seinfeld but starring me and my friends and set in Austin. So if you come up with any good situations or other gags, let me know. For example, what is the deal with these gigantic trucks everybody is driving? They keep getting bigger and more powerful , but all these guys are doing with them is washing them and polishing them and driving like assholes - they don't haul giant trailers of livestock or pile huge piles of brick in the back; they go to Z Tejas and take up two parking spots. Now what would happen if one of my friends decided to get one of these trucks - pretty funny, right?

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home