INITIALISMS: If you're talking about something and it boils down to one phrase, you can use this pretty hilarious device. Some examples:
- GOMP: "Get off my property."
- IDGAF: "I don't give a fuck."
- IRDGAF: "I really don't give a fuck."
- LOL: "Lots of luck."
PORTMANTEAU WORDS: If you're describing something and the description turns out to be two words (or more, if you're an expert), you can use this trick. Some examples:
- The classic, from The Simpsons:
LISA: Did you know that the Chinese use the same word for "crisis" as they do for "opportunity"?
HOMER: Yes! Crisitunity!
- Fugly (fucking + ugly)
- Flarm (flabby + arm)
- Skat (skinny + fat)
- Brunch (breakfast + lunch)
- Blunch (brunch + lunch)
- Bluncher (brunch + lunch + dinner)
- Bluncherfast (breakfast + brunch + lunch + dinner)