Advanced Meta Tag Generator

Monday, April 08, 2013

I've had a long-held belief regarding the presence of a consciousness in all things, but I had a thought late last night that caused a slight shift in my understanding of it.

Assuming there are infinite universes and an infinite number of planes of existence, it occurred to me that the physical nature of those universes and planes truly may be just sensory information. That is, none of this may actually exist anywhere than in our shared consciousness.

Now that I'm on the subject, assuming a consciousness exists in all things, it seems that we exist in order to know experientially what our greater consciousness/god knows in itself. In other words, if physical existence in itself exists only in our shared consciousness, call this our shared manifestation of a different way of knowing. To me this fits nicely with the way a lot of our behavior works. The dichotomies of male/female, passive/assertive, etc. suggest that we long to experience these spectrums even if it's not through ourselves personally but rather through someone close to us.

There's literally no way to discuss this without sounding insane (or at least new agey), but it does occur to me that if a part of me that exists on another plane wanted to express itself in our world it wouldn't be able to do it to anyone who wasn't at least a little bit insane.



1 Comments:

Blogger bgeorge77 said...

"That is, none of this may actually exist anywhere than in our shared consciousness." Solipsism? That way lies madness.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home